Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

To the second love of my life: 
My wife Leigh Anne,

This is probably not the way you would think to start a writing to your wife on Valentine's Day or any day for that matter.  But I know my wife would have it no other way.  You see, I can't truly love my wife unless she's second, I can't truly care for my wife unless she's second, I can't truly stay committed through thick and thin unless she's second!  As a matter of fact you can't whether the test of time if your wife is the first love of your life.  

Like I said earlier my wife would have it no other way.  She has seen what happens over our 20 years together when I stop putting the first love of my life, first.  She will tell you when we first meet she fell in love with a man that had a deep love affair with someone she also loved.  She would tell you that my love for the this someone was filled in my speech, my walk and in my eyes.  The window to our souls is through our eyes.  She fell in love with this man because she knew that she was second to a love affair that was first.  

Because I loved this someone first, she knew I could love her like no other.  The problem was I didn't always do this.  Because of my wifes love affair with that same someone and always staying faithful to her first love affair, she was the rock when I wasn't, she prayed when I didn't, she was strong when I wasn't and she was able to stand by my side when most would run.  

So, I want my wife to know that she will always be my second love and I will always seek out daily and grow my first love affair with both of our first love affairs: 

OUR LORD & SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST!

I LOVE YOU, YOUR HUSBAND,
James!




No comments:

Post a Comment