Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wednesday February 3, 2011

Missing In Action!

I want to apologize to all the people that follow the blog daily, for not being able to post over the last couple of days.  I have taken a consultant job in a different state and it has been very difficult to incorporate my quiet mornings of prayer and writing.  I have been praying but not writing.  It may be a little on and off over the next 30 days, but I'm am going to do my best to find the time to post as often as I can.  

Philippians 2:14-16

 14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you.  Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.  16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. 

The reason I have chosen this scripture is because I have stepped back into the world of working outside the house.  I immediately found myself surrounded with ungodly people that had no regard for a life of Christ.  From the people at the place of business to the customers walking in the door.  I was put to the test in every form of temptation in an instant.  I felt like an alien from another planet.  My eyes, ears and mind have been made sensitive to the spirit of God; (that I am so thankful for), but found myself a foreigner in the world I live in.  I am thankful for so many opportunities to be a witness to so many, so quickly.  But, I also must recognize how important it is to cover ourselves in the Lord not just daily, but constantly.  I haven't walked upright and righteous or walked in with my bible holding a cross for them to notice there's something different about me.  It has been as simple as lending a helping hand when I didn't have to, smiling all day even in the midst of a mess, not participating when the foul language started flying, not hiding a mistake to the owners when the employees thought I should, giving everybody respect regardless of their title.  I believe that when we  witness for God, He isn't always expecting us to shove our beliefs down someone else's throat, but sometimes do just the opposite.  I think He calls us to live a Godly life with morales, integrity and character regardless of what the world around us is doing.  People are watching and deep down people are attracted to these traits,  whether they posses them or not.  They may not even know why or what is different about you, but I can promise this they know something's different.

As it says in the scripture, we must hold TIGHTLY to the WORD of life, because we live in a world of perverse and crooked people.  Let God shine through you and be that soldier for Christ in today's battle field of Life.  Trust me they're paying attention.

I want to thank all of you for your support and for starting your day with "God's Cup of Coffee".

Godspeed,
James Boening



No comments:

Post a Comment