Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday March 28, 2011

"LOVE" of Money!

1 Timothy 6:9-10

9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

Money, Faith and our relationship with the Lord can often get sticky when our relationship with Him is not first in our lives.  We need money to eat, clothe and provide shelter for ourselves and our loved ones.  Also, the Lord wants us to have plenty and no where in the Bible does it say we aren't suppose to be rich in wealth.  The problem begins with a desire.  A desire to acquire wealth for the wrong reasons.  Often times we cloud our desires with what we think the Lord wants for our lives and we find ourselves caught in a snare or trap that takes us off course.  There is nothing wrong with having a lot of money, the problem lies within a single word, "LOVE".  The love of money is one of the enemies greatest traps.  

I can speak from experience, my inner drive to be "rich", clouded my judgement between right and wrong.  I put making money in front of my faith, my family and then my character.  Obviously it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure I did a lot of damage to myself and those around me.  We must keep Christ first.  When we don't, we find ourselves in the enemies whirlpool of destruction quickly.  We must remember money is not bad but the "love" of money IS!  

I have found that the greatest way to become "rich" in every area of my life is to walk and talk with my Lord & Savior daily and even hourly.  If we want to see the depth of God's Love for our lives, step out of your comfort zone for Him and watch God take you on a journey that you couldn't of imagined for your life.  Do what you know and watch God glorify you in ways you couldn't imagine.  He wants us to trust Him.  Give Him the first minutes of your day and the first portion of your pay and show him that He is the most important thing in your life and watch the inner peace well up within you and spill out onto those around you.  The sooner we realize it is all His and it's only on loan, the sooner we can walk within His "will" and "purpose" for our lives.  God bless all of you.

I want to thank all of you for your support and for starting your day with a "Cup of God's Coffee".

Godspeed,
James Boening




No comments:

Post a Comment