Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday March 27, 2011

Clouded Thoughts!

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control.....

I'm not even sure this verse is what this will be about.  I just love to know we have been given all of these things through and from the Spirit of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

My thoughts seem to be jumpy and unfocused.  I normally pray, read some scripture and the thoughts flow like a stream straight from the Lord.  I rarely have to think about the next sentence or how to begin or end.  Today is different, I find myself in a place of  unsettling with something on the home front and battle with giving it over to the Lord.  It's always difficult to see someone you love, hurt or doing the hurting.  I guess it's even more difficult when both happen.  It's easy to teach or write when your own mind isn't in a whirlwind of darting thoughts and emotions.  Once again we must remember, as children of God, He will give us opportunities to allow His grace and strength to be sufficient, because when we rely on ourselves to persevere or take something head on without the Lord leading the way it can not and will not end in a way that will Glorify the Lord.  I have a saying that I know is not mine but I use often:  when in doubt, PRAY!  Spend time with Lord let Him heal the hurt, let Him wrap His arms around us and see us through, let Him carry us when we can't see where to go from here.  When we do this, I promise we will find a peace that no other can supply, we can and will Glorify God by surrendering our lives to Him.  Remember this, for all of us parents out there; when our own children are hurting or in need, don't we come to there need and want good for them.  Our heavenly Father is no different, except His love is far more unconditional and far more transcending than we can really grasp.  If this seems a little clouded or all over the place, its because I feel exactly that way.  May the Lord cover us in His Spirit and send His Angels down to protect us and fight the battle we can not see but know it's there.  

Remember what the Spirit produces and remember how much He Loves Us.  Thank goodness He loves us and thank goodness nothing can pluck us from His hand. 

I want to thank all of you for your support and for starting your day with a "Cup of God's Coffee".

Godspeed,
James Boening




No comments:

Post a Comment