Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday March 20, 2011

God's Plan (Often Complicated)


John 6:70

70 Then Jesus said, “I chose the twelve of you, but one is a devil.”

This would be hard to understand if we didn't know the end of the story.  Jesus was so at one with God (He was God), in the flesh that he  knew God's plan, will and purpose for his life.  Can you imagine being so connected to the Father that you could make the decision to choose the one person that would betray you and bring you to your death?  Could you imagine not just choosing him but bringing him into your inner circle, teaching him and treat him the same as the others?  

For all of us battling something or trying to figure out why this person or situation is going on in our life?  I say this;  It's very difficult for us to have the connection with the Father as Jesus did while here on earth. I won't say it's impossible, but difficult.  Because of our lack of unshakable connection to God, He loves us too much for us to wander into a direction not of His will.  His plan is so much bigger than today's circumstance or situation.  We must hold tight to His promises and the unconditional LOVE He has for us.  We must remember He knows the end of the story for each one of our lives.  He knows how and what the ripple effect of this circumstance or situation will be for the good of His great plan for our lives.  

It's no different with a mother or father allowing one of their children to fall down when learning to ride a bike, we know that they won't severely get hurt but we also know that they will learn a lesson that you can get hurt riding a bike and that's why you must be careful.  This may seem trivial to the situations we find ourselves in as adults, but I promise God is just trying to teach us something.  The sooner we stop and find the reason why, the sooner God can glorify us for His plan.

It's sad to me that it took so long for me to realize in my own life the amazing truth in this song and video I've attached.  It's not a world of me!

I also want my wife to know how much I love her and that God has a plan for both of us and His plan is greater than we could ever dream.  I will love you for eternity.

I want thank all of you for your support and for starting your day with "God's Cup of Coffee".

Godspeed,
James Boening


1 comment:

  1. This is so inspiring James and I am so proud of the man you have become. And the life you are living. Can you some how start putting these on my facebook so it can be shared with my friends too. You are touching a lot of peoples lifes. MOM

    ReplyDelete