Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday January 24, 2011

Your Heart's Desires

Psalms 37:4-5

4 Take delight in the Lord,
      and he will give you your heart’s desires.   
5 Commit everything you do to the Lord
Trust him, and he will help you.


I have found this verse used to argue with God and even pitch a defense for our side of things.  I believe the key and most important part of this little snip-it of scripture is the first five words:  "Take delight in the Lord".  The part we tend to focus on is: "And he will give you your heart's desires".  To me, it makes more sense to read the verses backwards: 


 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
      Trust him, and he will help you.  
4 Take delight in the Lord, 
and he will give you your heart’s desires.


What I have found in my walk, has given me insight and wisdom about my own heart's desires.  We must first submit: hard to do, at least for me.  Not just say it, but in your heart of heart's really realize it's all His.  I, for most of my life took the credit for a success or accomplishment. I believe for most of us, we would say we trust our Lord & Savior.  The rubber hits the road when we face a loss, a tragedy, a personal financial melt down, a life changing illness and the list goes on.  As hard as it may seem, when your smack dab in the middle of these types of situations, we need to ask ourselves, do we really believe and trust God's Will and Purpose for our lives? 

The reason I pose this question, is because when we can walk within this type of faith, as hard as it may be at the time, I believe we are showing God instead of telling Him. We show God our commitment, trust and our delight in Him when our faith doesn't waiver because of the worldly circumstances that surround us.

His plan is bigger than than circumstance, bigger than me and where I find myself today.  

What I have found as we build our relationship with the Lord; really seek his kingdom.  You will find as I did, those desires in your heart, will become oh so different.  The things of this world and your motives behind your actions will be based upon God's principles and His will for your life.  When this happens the desires in your heart become pure and less diluted with the things of the world.
I want to thank all of you for your support and for starting your day with "God's Cup of Coffee".

Godspeed,
James Boening


No comments:

Post a Comment