Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday January 18, 2011

Real Peace or Artificial

Philippians 4:10-13

10 How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. 11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.


I struggled this morning with coming up with something to write about.  You see, I am in a valley of my own and had to ask myself are these words that I'm posting and writing down my core or are they words to hide behind?  We will question these things as we travel through the different season's of our life.  As I prayed this morning and laid all my junk on the table, I found myself having a small pity party.  The longer I prayed and the more I took my eye's off of me and starting praying for others in need, and far less fortunate, I slowly felt that pity party for my valley disappearing.  This is why it is so important to spend quite time with the Lord everyday and dive into His word.  We need to ask ourselves this question.  Has our peace changed because our circumstance's changed?  If we lose our peace and joy because our circumstances have turned bad, we have to wonder was our good fortune the reason for our happiness?  God is looking for a deep personal relationship, not lip-service.  Do we trust Him, do we truly, really trust Him?  It's easy to find peace when the road we are walking is paved with bliss.  What I try to do in times of my valley, is fall back to the stories in the bible of Great hope and try to remember, God knows the outcome.  He sees what tomorrow holds and the next day and the next day.  For those of us that have children, remember this as much as we love our own children, God loves us more than that.  I don't believe we have to like the valley our enjoy the pain or suffering, but we can have inner peace that He loves us and will see us through it.  God Loves Us, God Loves Us, we must not forget how much He Loves Us!  I pray that the Lord Bless and Protect You and Your Families and I Thank You for starting Your Day with "God's Cup of Coffee".



No comments:

Post a Comment