Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday January 22, 2011

A Lesson in Wisdom!

Proverbs 12:1

1 To learn, you must love discipline;
      it is stupid to hate correction
.

When you first read this it seems harsh and maybe even something easily said in public, but who really could possible love discipline or love to be corrected when wrong?  I believe the essence of the word "love" in this scripture doesn't mean how we, so often think of the word: enjoyment, bliss, contentment, happiness, the word is so much more than physical emotions or feelings.  We often base our relationships and our marriages on this small area of love and that is why so many people give up or throw in the towel and run to the next relationship or next marriage.  These emotions and feelings are nice and it is how all relationships start, but there is so much more to the word "love".  I believe we have forgotten how to truly love.  True Love is selfless, patient, endurance, steadfast and commitment regardless of feelings and emotions.  True Love is action not based on how you feel at that moment.  True Love sees the bigger picture, it takes emotion out of the equation and places Jesus as not part of the equation, but as the the answer to the equation.  We have all seen seen the bracelets, WWJD (what would Jesus do?).  I always thought that they got it a little wrong.  By asking what would Jesus do always seemed to me a little self-righteous.  So often we think we are suppose, "to do".  When in reality we should be asking ourselves this question.  WDJD, What Did Jesus Do?  I can make this promise to all, Our Lord & Savior endured all temptation humiliation, pain, sorrow, unjustly accused and gave his life for you and I.  It makes it a lot easier to say what did Jesus do instead of what would Jesus do?  He has already done it, don't think you have do it alone.  True Love: Jesus didn't want to be brutally beaten and put on cross to die, he wasn't happy, content, filled with bliss or enjoyment. As a matter fact he prayed, Father if you can take this cup  from me please take, but not my will but yours.  He couldn't hardly bare to think what he was about to go through.  But thank God he didn't base his love on his feelings and emotions.  Just remember the roots that hold us in place and show true love are:  selfless, patient, endurance, steadfast and commitment.  Without these in place, all the other emotions and feelings will blow away in the wind and never find a home and never have or experience True Love.  After all of this, I believe we can understand and carryout the scripture above.  We must learn to Love what is right and to endure for one simple reason:  Our Lord & Savior showed us it is possible.

I want to thank all of you for your support and starting your day with "God's Cup of Coffee"

Godspeed,
James Boening



1 comment:

  1. The world definately does have to learn this wise statement. I always got mad at my dad for being mad at the decisions I made. It was my life. Who was he to tell me what is right and wrong? I now know how foolish it was to think that! He is my father, my teacher, and my guardian. Just like Jesus is! I wish I would have had the Word in my life back then, but I wouldn't change a thing. I know what is right and wrong and I take full responsibility for my wrong doings. I am thankful to have you and Leigh Anne in my life! You guys have helped me a lot. I can't thank you guys enough. Thank you for leading me back into God's embrace!!!

    ReplyDelete