Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday January 19, 2011

A Prayer of Love

One of my favorite books in the Bible is Ephesians, it is definitely in my top 10.   I nearly have the entire book highlighted.  Paul talks straight to my heart about hope, spiritual wisdom, spiritual blessings and a oneness and unity with Christ.  And then; right in the middle of the book he prays these words:

Ephesians 3:14-19

14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.  16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.  17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.  18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

When I read this, it energizes me.  Paul was praying this over all of the Christian Church.  I know how comforting it is know that there are people out there praying for me.  I have personally seen the power of prayer work in mine and my families life.  My wife, Leigh Anne is a prayer warrior and without her stead fast prayers over this family, I'm not sure where we would be today.   Prayer is powerful and if your not sure anyone is praying for you just read the scripture above and know Paul prayed these most amazing words over all of us many years ago, and that's the beautiful thing about prayer, it goes on and on and on.  A prayer said today has the power to carry on for eternity.  As far as I know God has never told us that the prayers we say today are only good for a limited amount of time.  Wow that means we should be praying for the generation of great grandchildren we may never see.  I pray every morning for all of you that take the time  to start your day with "God's Cup of Coffee", that the Lord Rain Down from Heaven Above His great Glory, Mercy & Blessings over You & Your Families.  Once again thank you for starting your day with "God's Cup of Coffee" & Please tell as many people as you can about this Blog and spread God's word.  

Also I have created a Face book Community page.  Please check it out and feel free to interact and give any feed back!

Thanks for all your support & Godspeed,

James


No comments:

Post a Comment