Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday January 20, 2011

Personality Trait's

Again, I am using scripture from Ephesians.

Ephesians 4:2-4

2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. 3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. 4 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future.

For us "A" type personalities, I have struggled with the first sentence most of my life.  Humility and being gentle are not something that has come easy.  I have often plowed through and been head strong in a lot of areas in my life.  Especially when it came to business.  When I look back, it was in times of plenty, that I would drift from spending time with the Lord.  I believe this tells me, I was taking the credit myself for my good fortune and not giving thanks to my Lord & Savior for the things he had loaned to me at the time.  I have had to learn over and over again it's all his.  God willing, on my next mountain peak, I hope and pray that I bask in humility and with great awe of his wonderful blessing's.   What we must realize is the same great traits that the Lord has blessed us with to advance his kingdom, is the same traits the enemy uses to advance his kingdom.  We all have certain personality trait's, and the only way to keep from using these trait's for the enemy is to spend time with the Lord.  An intimate and personal relationship is the key to carry out these type of qualities listed in Ephesians:  Humble, Patient, Love and Gentle (when I hear the word gentle I think of words like: soft spoken, compassion, caring and thoughtfulness).  Then the rest of the scripture I believe tells us what happens internally when we seek these traits daily: united in the Spirit (one with God), peace and glorious hope.  I love that it says Glorious Hope and not just Hope.  We all have the ability to drift from his protection.  I am finding that with age comes wisdom and a greater understanding.  The quality of life is so much more important than quantity of life.  My hope and prayer for all of you is that you find, quality of life and seek the Lord daily.  I think you will find the sooner we do this in life the sooner we can walk in his Glorious Hope.  I want to thank all of you who start your day with "God's Cup of Coffee"

Godspeed,
James Boening

P.S.  Please click on the Face Book Badge above and click "like" on the Face Book Page so that I can spread the word through as many different forums  as possible and reach as many people as I can.  Thanks for your support and help in spreading the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment